Bonjour Toots Brasseries! As I was clearing my leave this afternoon so thought of having some nice and good lunch.
Toots Brasseries was serving three course lunch set at $18++. I thought it was worth trying it out.
As there isn’t much selection for the lunch set, and I couldn’t find something I really like initially, felt a little disappointed. But I still went ahead to order something to try.
I had the country pig head terrine served with ravigote vinaigrette. It was delicious, lovng it. As it has vinaigrette dressing, it was appetising.
For main, I ordered the chicken Basquaise. The sauce was rich, the chicken thigh meat was so soft and tender. It went very well with the sauce. Excellent.
Finally, the dessert, chocolate custard. It was chocolaty. With the strawberry compote, it added sourness to the sweetness of the chocolate and the crunchy pearl added texture to the dish. Great.
L’adition s’il vous plaît. (The bill, please) And the total was … $21.20. It was a cheap steal. For those, like me, if you are clearing your last year leave and have no idea where to dine, why not come down to Toots Brasserie for lunch. Terrific. Cheap and great food. I will for sure return for the lunch.
Hotel Sultan, 101 Jalan Sultan #01-01 Singapore 199002
Tel: +65 6292 0740
Breakfast: Monday – Sunday 0730 to 2230;
Lunch: Monday – Saturday 1200 to 1430;
Dinner: Tuesday – Saturday 1830 to 2230;
Closed for Lunch and Dinner on Sunday
By MRT: East-West Line, Lavender station
– alight at or opposite Textiles Centre along Jalan Sultan – 107, 107M (Best Option)
– alight at Blk 46 along Kallang Road – 2, 12, 33, 133
– alight oposite at Blk 46 aling Kallang Road – 2, 7, 12, 32, 33, 51, 61, 63, 80, 133, 145, 175, 197
– alight before Sultan Mosque along North Bridge Road – 7, 32, 51, 61, 63, 80, 145, 175, 197
– alight at Keypoint Building along Beach Road – 100, 961, 980
– alight at St John HQ along Beach Road – 100
Rating: 9/10 (Set lunch, a must try)