Within the same week, two Ice Cream Palours along North Bridge Road started welcoming patrons; Rabbit Owl Depot and Twenty Grammes.
Rabbit Owl Depot
420 North Bridge Road #01-06 Singapore 188727
Tel: +65 6336 4075
Daily 1200 to 2200
Rabbit Owl Depot, an ice cream palour, considerably tiny is nestled opposite National Library. The highlight is of course ice cream. For the rest of the food offered, click here.
There are many owl ornaments and a few rabbits placed nicely throughout the cafe. And they have rabbit customized chairs too. Since it is a depot, Rabbit Owl Depot serves their ice cream out of a yellow container.
After trying three flavours from the dozen or more selection, I ordered a Snowflake Waffle set which comes with a scoop of ice cream and an additional scoop. I have the Earl Grey and Coconut. The waffle was nicely done with a golden crisp. It has slightly eggy fragrance though I find the waffle a little too airy as a result it was lacking of a little substance. It would be perfect if the waffle is a little denser.
The ice cream fare better. It was creamy, not too airy and has a nice flavour scent, particularly the coconut ice cream. In it, there were tiny coconut bites which intensify the aroma.
By MRT: Downtown line or East-West line – Bugis station
– alight at North Bridge Road Commercial Complex along North Bridge Road – 7, 32, 51, 61, 63, 80, 145, 175, 197, 851
– alight after Beach Road along Rochor Road – 48, 57
– alight at Bras Basah Complex along Victoria Street – 2, 12, 33, 130, 133, 960
– alight at St Joseph Church along Victoria Street – 130, 133, 145, 197, 851, 960
– alight at Hotel Grand or at Bugis Station along Victoria Street – 7, 12, 63, 80, 175, 980
753 North Bridge Road #01-01 Singapore 198721
Tel: +65 6717 1733
Sunday – Thursday 1130 to 2200; Friday – Saturday 1130 to 0100
Twenty Grammes a newly fabricated ice cream palour along North Bridge Road serves not only ice cream & waffles, there are coffee from Papa Palheta and Windowsill Pies and cakes from some cakery.
But I was only keen to try the ice cream. I will give the waffle a try at my next visit. For something unique, I was recommended for the the Honey Butterscotch and the Walnut Butterscotch. I tried both and find that it tasted similar due to the Butterscotch. The honey one was sweet than the Walnut one so Walnut Butterscotch was my choice. The other scoop was the Triple C (Coffee, Chocolate and Caramel).
Most of the other flavour that I tried, the feel is that the flavours were trapped, somehow it wasn’t released into the tastebud. It lacked of creaminess and it was on the sweeter end and it was somewhat chewy.
By MRT: East-West line – Lavender station
– alight at bus stop at or opposite Stamford Primary School – 2, 7, 12, 32, 33, 51, 61, 80, 130, 133, 145, 175, 197
– alight at Hotel Sultan or at Textile Centre – 107, 107M
– alight before Sultan Mosque along North Bridge Road – 7, 32, 51, 61, 63, 80, 145, 175, 197