I spotted Lady A Cupcake last week when I went to Nam’s Brew to get a Iced Thai Milk Tea. It seems that they were offering Japanese cupcakes. Though I am not a fan of cupcakes but anything sweet, I keen to try.
And after a few days, a Monday, I went there after work, all their cupcakes were sold out and so I decided to drop by during lunch time to avoid disappointment the next day.
The cupcakes at Laday A Cupcake are simple. They offer either Chocolate or Vanilla cake base with about ten different flavours for their frosting.
For the pricing, it isn’t cheap though considerable reasonable. I decided to get 4 cupcakes to try. Two vanilla base and two chocolate base. My 4 cupcakes were Furano Lavender, Chocolate Sakura, Vanilla Berries and Shio Chocolate.
The cafe space is also pretty comfortable with cushy seats. The cafe is basically in black and white.
My verdict? I like the cupcakes. It was pretty awesome. The cake texture is basically light, very fluffy and soft. It was so fluffy till when you cut it into halves, the cake crumbles drop all over the table. What is special about the cupcake, in my opinion, is the frosting. Though butter cream but they are light in flavour with a very light fragrance scent like perfume. And there are some sparkle in the cream as well. Each frosting flavour is outstanding and unique in its own way. I like them all. If you like cream, I strongly recommend you to try the Lady A Cupcakes.
Lady A Cupcake
22 Cross Street, China Square Central #01-63 Singapore 048421
Tel : +65 8333 2617
Monday – Friday 1100 to 1800; Sunday 1300 to 1700; Closed on Saturdays and Public Holidays
By MRT: Downtown line – Telok Ayer station; North-East line – Chinatown station
– alight opp Hong Lim Complex along South Bridge Road – 61, 80, 145, 166, 197
– alight opp Hong Lim Complex along Upper Cross Street – 51, 63, 124, 174, 174e, 186, 851, 961, 970
– alight at Hong Lim Park along Pickering Street – 186, 970
– alight at Chinatown Point along New Bridge Road – 2, 12, 33, 54, 143, 147, 190, CT8, CT18, CT28
– alight at People’s Park Centre along Eu Tong Seng Street – 54, 124, 145, 147, 166, 190, 851
– alight at People’s Park Complex along Eu Tong Seng Street – 2, 12, 33, 61, 63, 80, 143, 197, 961, 970