Royal Noodle (皇帝面) fit for the king. It is located along Circular Road.
Interior is simple with homogeneous tables and chairs under warm lighting.
Menu is simple too with purely noodles and four variations; namely, soup or dry and with spicy or non-spicy.
Everything is self-service from ordering to collection of food. First decide on what you want and whether you want set. Take an order chit which is found on the table.
For the set, beside the noodle, you need to chose a side and a drink. Once you are done, proceed to the order count; order and pay and you get a buzzer. When ready, it will buzz and proceed to the collection counter at the other end to get your food.
I tried both the dry and soup version. The noodle is absolutely delish. I relish in the bowl of simple noodle. It was eggy and flavourful. The soup is rich and tasty too. The rest of the ingredients are really less of an importance. But I still would prefer if there are some greens.
For the side, its a pity that they have mainly fried stuff, only the braised meat is non-fried. It would be awesome if they could offer a vegetable selection in the side.
The sugarcane prawn was cripsy and filled with prawn sweetness.
Braised Pork was pretty well braised, with pretty enough herb and spice, though it could be better.
And lastly the Braised egg. My first tried was rather tasteless. On the second occasion, it was so much better. Personally, I still think the braised could be improved.
I am not a noodle fan, but I enjoyed the noodles tremendously. One of the best.
27 Circular Road Singapore 049383
Tel: +65 9669 9994
Monday – Saturday 1130 to 1430, 1830 to 2100
– North-South line or East-West line – Raffles Place station
– North East line – Clarke Quay
– alight at Prudential Tower along Cecil Street – 57, 131, 167, 700, 971
– alight opp AIA Tower along Robinson Road – 10, 10e, 70, 75, 100, 107, 128, 130, 162, 196, 196e
– alight at OCBC Centre along Church Street – 186 , 970
– alight at OUE Bayfront along Shenton Way – 10, 10e, 57, 70, 75, 100, 107, 128, 130, 131, 162, 167, 196, 196e, 700, 971E
– alight at Clarke Quay Station along Eu Tong Sen Street 2, 12, 33, 51, 54, 61, 63, 80, 124, 145, 147, 166, 174, 190, 197, 851, 961
– alight opposite Clarke Quay Station along New Bridge Road 2, 12, 33, 54, 147, 190
– alight at Boat Quay along South Bridge Road 51, 61, 63, 80, 124, 145, 166, 174, 197, 851, 961